Thank you for being so interested in the ESLN Webinar: Calm, (Legally) Cool, and Collected: Tactics for Libraries Facing Book Challenges and Collection-based Protests, presented by Stephanie Cole Adams.
Here is a link to the webinar recording. You will find Cole’s slides and a handout attached below.
We asked attendees to fill out this Padlet with their challenge experiences and resources during the presentation. We’ve decided to share this pallet because the resources and experiences are valuable information that may be useful to someone else.
Important links/information shared in the chat:
- Merritt Fund
- Freedom to Read Foundation
- FOIL/FOIA – refers to Freedom of Information Law (NY) and Freedom of Information Act (federal). It was suggested by someone in the chat to check with your FOIL records officer before answering such requests. Also, here are older RAQs that dealt with FOIL/FOIA.
- It was also suggested to learn where your district policy manual is located online and bookmark it for your patrons.
- Intellectual Freedom Committee – Committee A from AAUP
- NYS CPLR Section 4509 language
- NYS Obscenity Exemption language