The Nyack Library
The Nyack Library located in Nyack, NY, is seeking a Business Manager to oversee its
accounting, building and property management, and Human Resources functions. Reporting to the Library Director, a successful candidate will also have extensive involvement with the Finance Committee of the Library’s Board of Trustees chaired by The Library’s Treasurer. The Library has an annual operating budget of $3.25 million and employs 50 full and part-time staff members. The Business Manager supervises a staff of 4 (in bookkeeping and building maintenance).
Required Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related area of concentration
- Proficient knowledge of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office, and knowledge of Square point of sale application
- At least five years of experience in managing an organization’s financial operations
- Experience with creating and managing a budget
- Experience with GASB and non-profit accounting preferred
- Experience with building management preferred
- Experience managing Human Resource functions preferred
Essential Functions and Skills
- Oversees the day-to-day financial operations of The Library
- Develops annual operating budget and leads the organization in financial planning, forecasting,budgeting, and analysis functions, including identifying capital management requirements and cash-flow needs
- Ensures compliance with all contractual funding requirements. This includes interpreting legislative rules and regulations and ensuring that they are applied consistently and appropriately
- Prepares financial statements and establishes internal controls to ensure that organizational activities pass independent and government audits standards
- Develops and enhances systems and tools to facilitate the effective management of resources
Experience in procurement and claims administration of insurances including general and professional liability and property.
- Handles financial and technical matters pertaining to health, dental, vision, disability, Workers’ Comp., unemployment, 457 Deferred Comp., etc.
- Researches new benefit plans and keeps abreast of changes in employment laws, and makes suggestions on changes in personnel policy
- Vacation, holiday, medical, sick, dental, vision, and NY State Retirement
- This is a full-time position with a starting salary of $75,000 – $85,000 based on experience and education
Please send the application and resume to Eric McCarthy at firstname.lastname@example.org. Posting open until filled
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com