WORKPLACE VIOLENCE PREVENTION
How well is your workplace addressing violence prevention? Does your policy include the unauthorized possession of firearms, explosives, or other weapons at work? Does your program’s policy cover verbal as well as physical issues? Learn about guidance to identify face-to-face, written, or electronic threats that could escalate to other forms of violence.
- What is the extent of the workplace violence problem?
- Workplace violence – how to define it, who are the victims, who are the perpetrators
- OSHA guidance (private sector workplaces); NYS Workplace Violence Prevention Law (public sector workplaces)
- Elements of a workplace violence prevention program
- Hierarchy of controls for violence prevention
- Dealing with the aftermath of a violent incident