Southeastern NY Library Resources Council is hiring a Hospital Library Services Program (HLSP) Manager. The HLSP Manager is a professional librarian position that plays a crucial role in the delivery of services to hospital libraries in the Southeastern region. Responsibilities include: providing library services to member hospitals; managing content on hospital library websites; purchasing and managing electronic resources; contributing to a positive work environment; and effectively communicating with members, partners, and staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage cooperative subscriptions and access to electronic resources for participating hospitals
- Serve as consultant to hospital library managers in the following areas:
- Reference and research services
- Collection development and access
- Resource sharing
- Marketing and training in library services and collections
- Provide contractual services (VITAL Staffing) to member hospitals without librarians
- Manage content on the hospital library websites maintained by Southeastern
- Market and promote HLSP services to member hospitals
- Manage the Medical Information Services Program (MISP)
An MLS or equivalent from an ALA-accredited degree program.
- Experience in health science libraries
- Knowledge of electronic resource management
Other Skills and Abilities
- A thorough knowledge of modern library organizations, procedures, policies, goals, and services
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to become familiar with the unique relationship between libraries and library systems in New York State
Salary and Benefits
This is a part-time position, with the potential for it to become full-time. The starting salary is $37,000 for 25 hours per week. Southeastern offers partial benefits to part-time employees.
Southeastern facilitates resource sharing, information access, and professional development for a diverse membership that includes academic, school, public, special, and hospital libraries, as well as cultural heritage organizations. Southeastern’s service area includes eight Mid-Hudson Valley counties: Ulster, Dutchess, Orange, Sullivan, Putnam, Rockland, Columbia, and Greene. Southeastern’s headquarters is in Highland, NY, just minutes away from the NYS Thruway.
Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references all in a single PDF to email@example.com with the subject line: Hospital Library Services Program Manager. Applications will be reviewed upon submission. The position will remain open until filled, preferably by or before June 14, 2019.