offering. Customer Service for Library Staff – Techniques That Yield Results is aimed at engaging public service staff in academic and public libraries as well as beginning librarians as they learn more about providing the best in customer service to information seekers.Over the course of four (4) 2-hour online sessions, participants will learn how to:
* Recognize how to demonstrate customer service skills to your patrons
* Define barriers to patron interactions with librarians and staff
* Employ examples to reinforce soft customer skills
* Distinguish between elementary service and value added service for your patronsThe cost per participant is $40.00, and session dates for this course are as follows:
* December 3, 2012, 11:30am-1:30pm
* December 10, 2012, 11:30am-1:30pm
* December 17, 2012, 11:30am-1:30pm
Participants will need to attend all four sessions, and both individual participation and group
classwork will be required.
For more information and registration, visit the NY3Rs Web page at: http://bit.ly/RGPZUH
You are eligible to register for this class if you are a member of one of the nine NY3Rs Association, Inc. Library Councils. A complete listing of all NY3Rs Association, Inc. councils may be found here. If you are unsure of your membership status, please contact your local library council here. Note: SENYLRC members are NY3Rs members. This class is contracted through Amigos and is funded by the NY3Rs Association, Inc.